This role represents an exciting opportunity to join the UK division, of an established global brokerage group, at a pivotal time in their redevelopment and growth plans. The successful applicant will play a key role in overseeing all financial accounting and reporting, as well as directly assisting in the company's financial strategy and planning.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for preparation of the Company’s regulatory reporting and liquidity management and ensuring the strategies comply with relevant statutes, regulations, and policies.
You will be expected to be both hands on and able to view the daily processes from the top down and to constantly challenge the processes and procedures. You will be able to connect the overall finance function processes and procedures with the organization’s overarching programmatic goals and mission.
Responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company, budget management and cost benefit analysis and ensuring financial systems and controls meet best practice.
- Overall management of the financial aspects of the business.
- Leading the company’s general financial planning processes, controlling and coordinating the operating strategy, budgets, forecasts and regulatory reporting.
- Ensuring that all financial records are maintained in accordance with appropriate accounting standards.
- Providing leadership, direction and guidance to accounting team in line with company’s policies and procedures, coaching and mentoring them by setting priorities and accomplishing goals.
- Present the organization’s financial information to the Management.
- Maintain the organization’s financial policies and procedures manuals.
- Oversee budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with company strategy.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to Management and make recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Prepare and present monthly ad hoc reports for Management.
Ideally experience of Sun accounting system - SunSystems
- Ideally have a Professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA) or B.S. in accounting/finance (MBA or Master degree preferred).
- 5+ years of similar company environment experience.
- 3+ years PQE (Post Qualification Experience)
- Experience with FCA regulatory reporting.
- Proven problem solving and planning capability with financial responsibility in a similar organization known for its strong financial discipline and sophisticated systems and operations.
- Analytical and forecasting experience, particularly related to the creation of new programmatic initiatives that support a multi-faceted organisation.
This is the ideal opportunity for a senior finance leader who thrives in a role with high levels of personal accountability, has experience of driving change and improving standards, and the desire to develop their career within a business undergoing a transformation and growth strategy.
+44 (0)1580 715 111