Electronics Team Leader Broadstairs, Kent
The Electronics Team Leader is the focal point for all electronic design activity.
As the senior electronics team member you will determine the most appropriate design approach to achieve project requirements. It is a hands on role managing a small team.
The Electronics Team Leader will take requests for electronic design tasks and be responsible for assigning personnel and equipment resource to best complete the task.
Candidate must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.
Good understanding of Circuit design, PCB layout, Validation testing- EMC, environmental etc.
Firmware knowledge and capability is desirable.
Knowledge / proficiency with Altium design software
1. Manage electronics engineers and to monitor progress against project delivery targets.
2. Responsible for achieving and upholding excellence in electronic design, skills and tools.
3. The team lead is also part of the resource pool, able to contribute to design activities both individually and mentoring and advising other team members.
4. To work with the other Team Leaders and engineering team members on projects and activities.
5. To produce design-related documentation, including, specifications, manuals, assembly instructions, illustrations, costings and test procedures. Check and approve all documentation.
6. Responsible for ensuring work is carried out in accordance with integrated management system.
7. The Electronics Team Leader is required to actively contribute to continuous improvement so that we carry out our engineering activities in the most professional and efficient manner possible.
8. To assist, as required, in the assembly and testing of prototypes.
9. In line with the company's 'Guidance for Managers':
Manage the team by regular meetings;
Promote guidance, instructions, advice and coaching;
Develop team working and effective communication;
Carry out annual and mid-year reviews; and monitor resource, annual leave and sickness.
Electronics Engineering degree
Extensive experience in electronics design
Experience managing a team of engineers
Experience in the design and development of electro mechanical instruments
Skills & Abilities
Confident and self-motivated
Creative and practical problem solver
Aptitude for continuous improvement
Keen eye for detail
Ability to organise both self and team to achieve deadlines
A team player with aptitude to take the lead role in projects
Results orientated, awareness of the importance of budgets and deadlines, ability to manage work within these constraints
Ability to think conceptually and translate design requirements into viable technical solutions under minimal supervision
Communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
Positive 'can do' attitude, Motivational, Accountable, Truthful, Team focused
Customer / quality focus, Outcome / solution focused, Flexible
Competitive salary, company profit sharing scheme, stakeholder pension and death in service scheme.
Rewards and recognition scheme.
• Discretionary profit sharing scheme subject to individual performance, together with the performance of the Company. Normally paid in March following Board approval. Eligibility is subject to satisfactory completion of one year’s service.
• Up to 4% of your gross salary to the Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme, provided employee contribution matching at least 4%.
• Death in Service insurance scheme which arranges cover at 1x annual salary.
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
• The Company operates a 9 day working fortnight, with alternate Fridays off.
• Normal hours of work are 74 hours per fortnight.