Senior/Lead Electrical Design Engineer Near Bristol £35k-45k
As a Senior/Lead Electrical Engineer you will work as part of a multi-disciplined team developing electrical equipment for gas management systems within the controls department.
Key activities will include:
- Development of specifications
- Specification of components
- Circuit protection design
- Preparation of electrical and control schematics
- Electrical panel design
- Preparation of bills of materials
- Preparation of design briefs for electrical drafting
- Supervision and checking of drafting
- Organisation and supervision of third-party electrical safety assessments and EMC testing
- Organisation and supervision of prototype product fabrication
- Support of product in factory test and on customer sites
This particular role will be focussed on the development of a new thermal management solution to support a major customer. Travel to the USA may be necessary from time to time to work with the account team based at the customer site. As a lead engineer you will be expected to proactively drive the engineering development of the new product.
A rigorous and structured approach is required, utilising appropriate methods and following relevant European and international standards. You will be proactive in your work, determining best solutions to technical issues, and planning activities.
It is essential that you are a team player, able to work closely with fellow engineers and colleagues from around the world.
A key aspect of the role is the creation of documentation to support the manufacturing process, you will therefore also be proficient in MS Word and Excel. Experience of CAD packages, in particular AutoCAD would be good.
You will have an electrical or electronic engineering and have at least five years’ experience working in a similar environment.