Sales Engineer / Manager
West Kent HQ. Field based with some office presence.
Sub-contract machining and assembly engineering company. Established 90 years.
Permanent. Highly competitive salary.
We are leading provider of precision engineering services specializing in exceptional quality low to high batch quantities of complex multi-axis or straight forward component part manufacture. We pride ourselves on close working relationships with our customers to understand the detailed requirements and provide innovative, cost-effective solutions.
We are looking for a Technical Sales Engineer to develop new customers to ensure long term success and develop long term partnerships. The role requires a self-starter to develop new business from a wide variety of engineering-led sectors, building relationships based on technical credibility and delivery on your promise.
Relevant experience for this role would include previous engineering sales/commercial/customer support experience coupled with a technical/engineering competency. It doesn’t require someone with an engineering degree (if you have one then great) but someone who can be technically credible when talking manufacturing. Engineering and relevant industry knowledge is essential, as it will enable you to be credible with customers.
- Lead the development of new/existing client relationships.
- Identify and target new clients in agreed sectors (eg; Medical, Aerospace, Automotive, Energy, Process Industries, Manufacturing etc).
- Identify further existing/new potential clients, sectors & segments, maintaining a pipeline of new opportunities to the wider BDM team.
- Develop new/existing client relationships though effective account management tools to build revenues.
- Monitor relevant markets and sectors in your region, reporting into and shaping the marketing plan.
- Liaising with the engineering and production teams
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Level 3 CNC Machining (Mechanical Engineering) via apprenticeship or equivalent
- Technical sales experience in engineering solutions in relevant markets, precision engineering ideal.
- Experience in precision engineering, multi axis turn/mill capability.
- Commercially astute, identifies opportunities to support clients through additional service solutions.
- Technically credible, able to identify, understand and solve customer problems cost-effectively.
- Ambitious for personal growth and with potential to take on more responsibility as the business grows.
- HNC in Engineering
- Good commercial and business acumen in an engineering and manufacturing environment
+44 (0)1580 715 111