Tester - Agile
Test Analyst (Agile) £30k + 5% bonus, 23 days holiday
Primarily working within an agile scrum team, the successful candidate will contribute to the delivery of principally web-based and internet-facing solutions by performing a QA engineer role, utilising their broad experience of the software development lifecycle and quality assurance methods to support the change process.
Using their expertise in agile quality assurance principles and techniques, the successful candidate will validate the integrity of software changes, requests, and fixes as they progress through each sprint.
Experience with DDA testing and exposure to non-functional testing (e.g. security testing, performance testing) would be an advantage as would experience with the engagement and management of third party suppliers of specialist testing services.
Practical experience of test automation (services and UI) would be a considerable advantage as this is an area we will be actively investing in.
Helping to define, improve and operate IT internal policies and procedures, also identifying and supporting improvements to continually improve the quality and speed of the work delivered. Work within the scrum team in the longer term to facilitate and promote a robust test-driven-development strategy.
Experience in acceptance testing, session based and exploratory testing as well as system and integration testing in projects following a more traditional delivery methodology is desirable.
Ideal Qualification: ISEB/ISTQB Certified Software Tester
Proficiency, familiarity or knowledge across several of the following areas (or comparable equivalents):
- Information Acquisition
- Planning and Organisation
- Attention to Detail
- Acceptance Testing
- Session based testing
- System Testing
- System Integration testing
- Agile Development Techniques
- Agile quality assurance practices
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Coaching and Mentorship Techniques
4+ years working within an IT testing role
Tools and Technologies
- SOA test suite
- Guidewire Insurance Suite
- Guidewire Claims Center
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Customer facing web e-commerce sites
- Document templating and production systems
- Web services integration
- Service oriented / API architectures
- Operational reporting solutions
- Familiar with scrum/Kanban/agile development methodologies
- Familiar with Corporate, Industry and Professional Standards
- Familiar with Operational/Service Architecture
- Familiar with Time Management Techniques
- Familiar with Report Writing Techniques
- Familiar with Test Automation Tools as applied to websites
- Familiar with DDA testing
- Familiar with website performance testing techniques and/or results
- Familiar with website penetration testing techniques, processes, and/or results
+44 (0)1580 715 111