Software Lead Broadstairs, Kent
The focal point for all software design activity.
As the senior software team member they will determine the most appropriate design approach within their discipline to achieve project requirements. It is a hands on role managing a small team.
The Software Team Leader will take requests for software design tasks and be responsible for assigning personnel and equipment resource to best complete the task.
Must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.
Broad software knowledge from very low to very high level
Embedded software, C++
Visual Studio .net
Android development environment
Electronics knowledge desirable
Experience in the design and development of electro-mechanical instruments is ideal
Main duties & responsibilities:
1. Manage the software engineers work allocation and to monitor progress against project delivery targets.
2. Responsible for achieving and upholding excellence in our software design knowledge, skills and tools.
3. The team lead is also part of the resource pool, able to contribute to design activities both individually and mentoring and advising other team members.
4. To work with the other Team Leader¡¦s and engineering team members on projects and activities.
5. To produce design-related documentation including, specifications, manuals, assembly instructions, illustrations, costings and test procedures. Also to check and approve all documentation as required.
6. Responsible for ensuring that work is carried out in accordance with the integrated management system.
7. The Software Team leader is required to actively contribute to continuous improvement so that we carry out our engineering activities in the most professional and efficient manner possible.
8. To assist, as required, in the assembly and testing of prototypes.
9. Guidance for Managers:-
Manage the team by regular meetings;
Promote guidance, instructions, advice and coaching;
Develop team working and effective communication;
Carry out annual and mid-year reviews; and
Monitor resource, annual leave and sickness.
A Computer Science degree (II:1) or equivalent preferred
Extensive experience in software design
Experience managing a team of engineers
Experience in the design and development of electro mechanical instruments is ideal
Skills & Abilities
Able to capture/create software requirements
Confident and self-motivated
Creative and practical problem solver
Aptitude for continuous improvement
Keen eye for detail
Ability to organise both self and team to achieve deadlines
A team player with aptitude to take the lead role in projects
Results orientated, awareness of the importance of budgets and deadlines, ability to manage work within these constraints
Ability to think conceptually and translate design requirements into viable technical solutions under minimal supervision
Communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
Motivational, Accountable, Truthful, Team focused, Customer / quality focused, Outcome / solution focused, Flexible.
Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.
Competitive salary, company profit sharing scheme, stakeholder pension and death in service scheme.
Rewards and recognition scheme.
o Discretionary profit sharing scheme subject to individual performance, together with the performance of the Company. Normally paid in March following Board approval. Eligibility is subject to satisfactory completion of one year's service.
o Up to 4% of your gross salary to the Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme, provided employee contribution matching at least 4%.
o Death in Service insurance scheme which arranges cover at 1x annual salary.
o 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
o The Company operates a 9 day working fortnight, with alternate Fridays off.
o Normal hours of work are 74 hours per fortnight.