Plant Fitter - Croydon. Permanent
General maintenance, planned and reactive repairs of fixed and mobile plant - Asphalt (pavers)
- Ensuring that all plant and equipment is subject to planned preventative maintenance scheme and inspection.
- Keeping the site in a safe worthy condition, in order to work safely, optimise plant availability and efficiency within operational budgets.
- Inducting contractors as required by the company corporate procedure.
- Ensuring that all aspects of maintenance are carried out in accordance with the requirements of all statutory legislation and Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies.
- Operating producing and reviewing, risk assessments, method statements, permits to work and procedures for maintenance tasks.
- Carrying out Health and Safety, and Environment inspections as required by procedures.
- Travelling to and supporting other sites with maintenance in the event of breakdowns and or planned maintenance shutdowns
What we’re looking for in our Plant Fitter
To be considered for this role you ideally will have some experience within the Asphalt industry. Prior mechanical fitting knowledge with demonstrable skills. Mobile plant operation with driving and servicing knowledge is highly beneficial.
Benefits of becoming our Plant Fitter
Our people are our greatest asset and we offer you a competitive salary with a vast range of benefits such as:
- Career & professional development
- Holiday that exceeds statutory limits - Accident insurance cover whilst you are at work
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to active discounts on retailers, day trips, sport equipment and airport parking.
- Employee Assistant Programme - Life Assurance
- Opportunity to gain formal qualifications
- Vodafone discounts
- Car lease discount
People are at the heart of our business and we want to ensure that everyone goes home safe, healthy and well at the end of each day.
As a business we have introduced new rules of engagement, social distancing marshals and improved hygiene facilities to ensure that our employees can work safely. People first, go home safe.