Senior Product Reliability Engineer West Sussex £55k + Discretionary bonus + benefits
The Senior Product Reliability Engineer will be process owner and global subject matter expert (SME) for following:
• FMEA and PFMEA
• Reliability of engineered products - designing and carrying out validation tests on products whilst they are in design stage, to predict failure risk. If risk is significant, propose design changes.
• Weibull analysis – Carry out field failure analysis and prediction of warranty issues that company is not aware of, and propose solution
• Design of experiments
• Product validation and testing – carrying out testing once product is designed
• Managing, developing and supporting key design for reliability processes such as FMEA, for global engineering teams
• Responsible for creating and delivery awareness training on developing the discipline of Reliability Engineering globally
Sound and thorough understanding of statistical concepts and the appropriate use of statistical models in reliability prediction and data analysis.
Knowledge of reliability software packages (for example Windchill Reliasoft)
Experience of reliability testing and screening methodologies (e.g. ALT, HALT, HAST, HASS)
Thorough understanding of Design for Reliability processes and their integration into New Product Introduction
Bachelors Degree in Engineering
Masters Degree, or specialised training / certification in reliability engineering (e.g. Certified Reliability Professional)
10 years plus experience in an engineering environment encompassing mechanical, electrical and software components, with an emphasis on planning and demonstrating reliability of new products and analysing and improving reliability of mature products
Attention to detail, high regard for quality.
Communication and networking with Engineers and Project Managers globally.
Global nature necessitates international travel and understanding of cultural differences and requirements.
Self motivated, self managing and able to plan and coordinate activities across multiple sites