Cognos BI Analyst
Cognos experience is essential and development of insurance claims MI (highly desirable).
To work with key business users to develop improved BI that gives decision makers a better understanding of how the business is performing, why the business is performing in this way and how could the business be improved in the future.
•Gather and interpret system requirements for new solutions and changes to existing solutions. Taking into account scope definition, problem analysis, requirement analysis, logical design and decision analysis.
•Develop accurate reports and queries utilising Cognos.
•Gather, understand, challenge and deliver OLAP cube based solutions to enable business users to drill into their data and better understand their business.
•Develop and manage the representation of data within the warehouse or other databases, to end users through the Cognos framework. Enabling users to conduct queries and deliver reports in an efficient manner.
•Ensure CMs, RFs and IMs are managed correctly utilising ICCM
• Knowledge of Cognos 10 (desirable)
• Experience developing solutions in the Cognos tool suite (
• Knowledge of data warehouse technologies (essential)
• Experience of developing OLAP cubes (desirable)
• Experience of managing Cognos frameworks and administering environments
• Commercial understanding of key business drivers in personal lines insurance (desirable).
• Understanding of Kimball methodology for data warehouse development (desirable)
• Experience in business intelligence (essential)
• Knowledge of personal lines insurance sector (desirable)
• Knowledge of CDL and call centre processes (desirable)
• Working towards or achieved Cognos accreditation in two of IBM Certified Administrator – Cognos 10 BI, Cognos 10 BI Reports, Cognos 10 Multidimensional reports, Cognos 10 BI Metadata Models, Cognos 10 BI OLAP Models, Cognos 10 BI Scorecards, Cognos Real-time monitoring, Business Analysis certificate or project management certificate