Senior SQL Developer
SQL Server Developer ( 2008 R2 and 2012 ) with Warehouse Development background. Strong ETL skills using SSIS. Experience of C# .Net Script components in SSIS useful. Very experienced in writing T-SQL including Stored Procedures, functions, etc. Experience in query tuning and optimisation across OLAP and OLTP systems. Experience of using Visual Studio for Database Development including unit tests. Comfortable in working with large existing systems as well as developing new functionality. Comfortable in adhering to company coding design standards.
Under general direction of the Business and IT priorities you will provide senior developer duties in the analysis, design and development to deliver high quality enhancements and maintenance changes to systems. You will be required to have a high level of practical experience in systems development across the software development lifecycle using Microsoft development tools and SQL technologies. Experience of Data Enrichment.
- Senior Developer providing design and development activities to deliver changes and enhancements to the internal applications
- Interact with the other departments to understand and identify data needs and requirements and work with other members of the IT organisation to deliver warehouse and reporting solutions to address those needs.
- Senior Developer in the evaluation and recommendation of software tools, definition of hardware requirements, and system configuration.
- Interact with data analysts in IT and other departments to understand the documentation and training requirements needed to efficiently utilise the data infrastructure including the development and maintenance of an enterprise metadata repository.
- Provide second level support of application systems.
- Be a co-operative member of the development team.
- Liaise with other department members and share knowledge and information.
- Take an active part in department meetings and discussions.
- Follow through with commitments and foster mutual trust with fellow employees.
- Disseminate technical knowledge to the rest of the team whenever possible.
- Assumes additional responsibility without being asked.
- Encourage fellow team members to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas
Skills knowledge and experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience across the full software development life cycle
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the analysis, design and development of application systems and integrations
• Microsoft SQL
• Web Services
- Agile / Scrum experience
- Provide leadership during the development and enhancement of production applications including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications.
- Work with others in IT and provide technical guidance during all phases of the development process.
+44 (0)1580 715 111