Retail Marketing Manager
Retail Marketing Manager
- Retail Marketing Manager required for a manufacturer and wholesaler of bespoke outdoor and adventure clothing products.
- Opportunity for some overseas travel – mainly to 2x major trade shows in Germany. Although this is very much an office based role.
Plan, develop, distribute and manage retail Point Of Sale (POS) provision internationally to drive expansion of demand of existing and new products in store.
Plan the development and manage the presentation of marketing tools and materials at trade shows both in UK and internationally in order to deliver against trade show messages and goals.
Develop training packages for retail staff and manage their ongoing update to ensure ongoing effectiveness and relevance.
Liaise with key distributor marketing managers to identify marketing support requirements and ensure marketing tools and materials are current and effective.
Assist in the development of international trade show messages and goals.
Liaise with store merchandising managers to: gain insight into their needs and changing retail patterns in order to inform the ongoing evolution of retail presentation; enable piloting of new POS concepts and optimisation any retail opportunities.
Gather, analyse and make recommendations from customers' reactions to in-store marketing initiatives, on how to optimise retail presentation to meet business goals.
Monitor and evaluate competitors' performance and presentation, as well as identify trends within retail that will affect our product offer and presentation.
Keep abreast of industry trends, standards and legislation to ensure all activities meet industry best practice and are in-line with brand guidelines.
Liaise and coordinate with other members of the Marketing and Communications Team and teams across the organisation as required.
The performance of the individual will be directly measured against these job functions.
- They must be a great team player. It is a very busy team and everyone needs to own their own work but also help others as necessary.
- Excellent communicator both verbally and in writing.
- A good listener able to respond to research and feedback from distributors, retailers and consumers.
- Good analytical skills – and the ability to communicate their analysis.
- Innovative with creative flair.
- Able to prioritise multiple deliverables – it is a very busy role with a lot going on.
- Excellent organisational skills. Ability to organise and prioritise their own workload but also deliverables from other areas.
Marketing qualification to degree level or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of the retail environment.
- Good understanding of consumer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Experience and training in the communication of ideas and concepts to all levels of management both inside and external to an organisation.
- Experience of developing, implementing and managing POS in a retail environment across international markets.
- Experience of planning and implementing trade show representation for international audiences.
- Proven experience of successful cross-team working.
- Proven experience of budgeting, reporting and analysis.
- The team is a small but close knit creative marketing team who sit in an open plan office. They’re very friendly and hardworking.
- There are currently 10 in the team (including our web team), expanding to 13.
- The team have a very high workload and are very busy.
- We offer a choice of hours of either 8:30 – 5.00 with 60 minute unpaid break or 9:00 – 5:30 with a 60 minute unpaid break.
- We do not offer flexitime or regular homeworking as an option.
+44 (0)1580 715 111