PRODUCTION MANAGER Haverhill, Suffolk, CB9 £35k
To ensure the production of quality products in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
To direct the production process and production team to ensure that all necessary activities are performed according to planned arrangements. To lead, motivate, support and develop the production team.
To deliver revenue within agreed budgets. Manufacturing background essential, thermo-forming experience an advantage but not essential.
Functional area: Production-Assembly Lines
Line Manager: Site Manager
Direct Reports: All production and maintenance staff
Other key interfaces: All other departments
Working environment: Office / Production Unit
Production team can be up to 30 staff in high season (March to August) but around 10 in low season
We have a two-man maintenance team.
We operate a four day week for our blue collar production team (10 hours a day Monday-Thursday) but the Production Manager’s hours would typically be 37.5 over 5 days a week.
We have a two-man quality team on site
Three day shut down between Christmas and New Year
£35k plus pension (max 10% employer contribution), private healthcare, life assurance (4xsalary), critical illness cover (2 x salary), salary sacrifice scheme, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, on-site parking, modern offices and canteen facility, free fruit! We have a pro-active approach to training and developing our staff
• To ensure that products are produced to pre-set specification and productivity targets
• To ensure products are produced on time by taking ownership of production schedules
• To maintain a high standard of quality by ensuring that all implemented quality and environmental systems are adhered to
• To continually improve factory efficiency and capacity through innovation and the continuous improvement process
• To ensure scrap levels are in line or below budget and throughput targets are met
• To co-ordinate maintenance activities in an efficient and cost effective manner
• To review the performance of production staff and identify training needs
• To manage payroll and bonus information
• To submit required payroll information to HR and to agencies in relation to agency workers
• To work with HR Manager to determine staffing requirements and resource effectively
• To submit required reports to the Site Manager
• High productivity • Staff efficiency and retention
• Cost efficiency; budgeting correctly and working within budgets
• Reporting analysis and delivery to management in a timely and efficient manner
• Mentoring, managing and supporting the production team to ensure success in productivity.
• Building a team spirit within the production team
Manufacturing environment. Operational management. Budgeting. Leading and managing a team. Financial management. Quality management systems.
• Use of software packages such as ERP and Office. Managing a production department
• Project management
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
• Effective communication and negotiating skills at all levels
• Ability to think and deliver strategically
• Ability to lead, motivate, support and develop a team
• Effective problems solving skills. Proficiency with computer equipment and software
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations.
• Ability to negotiate and influence. Delegation skills. Problem solving skills
• Direct and pro-active management style • Enthusiasm and positive outlook
• Assertiveness • Honesty and integrity • Confidentiality
• Resourceful, inventive and self-confident